Wifi does not work
A list of common Wifi issues #
- Wrong password.
- Wrong SSID.
- Wifi adapter does not support Wifi channel selected on Wifi router.
- USB Wifi adapter and built-in Wifi adapter both trying to run at the same time.
- Some audio cards interfere with Raspberry Pi built-in Wifi adapters.
- Wifi drivers are gradually changing from “wext” to “nl80211” standard.
- Kernel upgrades can break USB Wifi drivers. Unfortunately, we can not test all USB Wifi drivers prior to each piCorePlayer release.
- Check the Wifi MAC and IP addresses have been set by looking at [Wifi settings] > “Wifi information”. For example:
Wifi MAC: dc:a6:32:00:2a:4d Wifi IP: 192.168.1.110
- For more Wifi diagnostics information click on [Wifi settings] > “Set Wifi configuration” > [Dignostics].
More information #
- Setup Wifi
- Setup Wifi without ethernet
- Example wpa_supplicant configuration file
- WPA Supplicant
- USB wifi adapters - historical information
The Software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of condition, uninterrupted use, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.