Finally, piCorePlayer 1.19 is released.
Actually there are two separate releases as we need a version for the older Raspberry Pi boards and a version for the new armv7 version of the Raspberry Pi board (RPi2).
Greg and I have been working hard on improving the experience when using piCorePlayer.
In addition, improvements in the Wifi and autostart of Logitech Media Server (LMS) have been included. The autostart feature of LMS means that piCorePlayer is able to start playing one of your favourite radio stations after you boot is.
In order to use it on a RPi2 you will need to burn the image to a SD card - and then piCorePlayer with analog output should be found in your network within 20 sec.
If you already are using piCorePlayer you can update piCorePlayer from the “Main” web page.
- Support for RPiA+ cards.
- Support for RPi2 cards.
- Rewrite of web pages (HTML5 compliant).
- Rewrite of the boot process to speed up booting.
- Rewrite of the Wifi routines.
- Fixed crontab and time-zone issues.
- Improved LMS auto start feature.
- Added dropdown list populated with favourites from LMS.
- Allowed user defined scripts to be executed during boot - can be used for starting multiple instances of Squeezelite.
Via ssh disable/enable web server. Can be useful if you don’t want anybody to be able to modify your settings.
At command prompt:
webgui enable webgui disable webgui status
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen