pCP Team 9 June 2019 pCP 5.0.0
The pCP Team has released an new version of piCorePlayer.
- Kernel 4.19.40
- AudioCore kernel 4.19.40-rt19. All RPi processors supporting Realtime Kernels.
- RPi Firmware 2019/05/02
- Update to Squeezelite v1.9.2-1158-pCP. Includes https direct streaming support.
- Add support for HiFiBerryDAC+ADC.
- Add support for Audiophonics ISabre Q2M DAC.
- Add support for ApplePi DACs.
- Stream sound from Audio Input cards supported with pcp-streamer.
Updates to base OS and packages
- Upgrade to BusyBox 1.30.1
- Multi-threaded extension bootloader for faster boots.
- glibc 2.29
- wpa_supplicant/hostapd 2.27
- Perl 5.28
- Samba 4.10.4
Various web interface changes
- Redesigned extension page.
- Add iperf3 to diagnostic tools.
- Many fixes and correction.
Changes to IR remote functionality
- GPIO based IR receivers with Jivelite installed, now use kernel Keytables for function.
- Slimdevices remote is the default controller.
- Other configurations can be uploaded from the IR page.
- Adding a file named “netusb” to the boot partition will automatically load/configure net-usb kernel modules.
- Adding wpa_supplicant.conf to the boot partition will automatically enable Wifi.
Recommended upgrade path
- Download new image and configure from scratch.
- Insitu update is available, and handles most installations. You will need to run HotFix on your 4.1.0 installation.
New images or insitu update are available. The released versions can be downloaded from here.
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
The Software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of condition, uninterrupted use, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.