Greg and I have been working hard on this version, so I hope you like it.
- Build on kernel 3.16.3 at the time when 24 bit support still was present.
- Support the same I2S-DACs as previous versions on the original Raspberry Pi B (thanks to JackofAll for his advice).
- Supports the new Raspberry Pi B+ with HiFiBerryDAC+ and Digi+ cards. Supports the new IQaudIO+ card as well.
- Fixed the upsample problem.
- Tried another patch to allow 192kHZ via HDMI - please test and report back.
- New tweak that allows you to use a saved ALSA setting after reboot (Ian please test). You will need to use SHH access and the use alsamixer to change your settings. Then save these settings by:
sudo alsactl storefollowed by
sudo filetool.sh -b. Now these settings will be used after a reboot.
- New tweak so you can schedule a reboot or a restart of Squeezelite using cron job.
- New tweak so you are able to autostart a specific audiostream via LMS.
As always you can get it from here: Downloads.
Or use “in situ update”.
You will need to use [IP Address:80] or simply [IP Address] in your browser if using version 1.17 or later, (whereas 1.16 and previous used IP-address:8077)
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
Older versions of piCorePlayer may not be compatible with the newer versions of the Raspberry Pi. You need to review the Release notes to determine when the support for your particular Raspberry Pi was added. It is safer to use the latest version of piCorePlayer as it will be compatible with the latest version of the Raspberry Pi.