The pCP Team has released an new version of piCorePlayer.
For support—see this topic on Squeezebox Forum.
- Kernel 4.19.105
- RPi Firmware Feb 20, 2020.
- Includes support for RPi4B boards, including new v1.2 boards.
- RPi4B Support runs a 64 bit kernel for full 4GB memory support.
- Support for HiFiBerryDAC+ ADC Pro.
- Support for HiFiBerryDAC+ HD.
- Support for IQaudIO Codec+.
- Support for LED control on HiFiBerryDAC+ based boards.
- Added driver for Google voiceBonnet v2 (sound driver only).
- Support for rtl8188fu (Sometimes marketed as 8188eus).
- Latest Allo USBridgeSig Support.
- New pCP web interface themes (Light/Dark).
- Added mirror repository support (Sourceforge).
- Many changes to the Bluetooth support (Update bluetooth extension if doing insitu updates).
- ALSAequal now supports Bluetooth devices. Settings can be changed only when device is connected, but settings are retained.
- Web pages are now in an extension (No longer in /home/tc/www) for faster boots, backups and easier www updates.
- pcp_startup.sh is now in /usr/local/etc/init.d/
- Adding a file named “netusb” to the boot partition will automatically load/configure net-usb kernel modules.
- Adding wpa_supplicant.conf to the boot partition will automatically enable Wifi—see Setup Wifi without ethernet.
New images or insitu update are available. The released versions can be downloaded from here.
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
Older versions of piCorePlayer may not be compatible with the newer versions of the Raspberry Pi. You need to review the Release notes to determine when the support for your particular Raspberry Pi was added. It is safer to use the latest version of piCorePlayer as it will be compatible with the latest version of the Raspberry Pi.