pCP Team 7 March 2020 pCP 6.0.0
The pCP Team has released an new version of piCorePlayer.
For support—see this topic on Squeezebox Forum.
Significant changes #
- Kernel 4.19.105
- RPi Firmware Feb 20, 2020.
- Includes support for RPi4B boards, including new v1.2 boards.
- RPi4B Support runs a 64 bit kernel for full 4GB memory support.
- Support for HiFiBerryDAC+ ADC Pro.
- Support for HiFiBerryDAC+ HD.
- Support for IQaudIO Codec+.
- Support for LED control on HiFiBerryDAC+ based boards.
- Added driver for Google voiceBonnet v2 (sound driver only).
- Support for rtl8188fu (Sometimes marketed as 8188eus).
- Latest Allo USBridgeSig Support.
Interface changes #
- New pCP web interface themes (Light/Dark).
- Added mirror repository support (Sourceforge).
- Many changes to the Bluetooth support (Update bluetooth extension if doing insitu updates).
- ALSAequal now supports Bluetooth devices. Settings can be changed only when device is connected, but settings are retained.
- Web pages are now in an extension (No longer in /home/tc/www) for faster boots, backups and easier www updates.
- pcp_startup.sh is now in /usr/local/etc/init.d/
- Adding a file named “netusb” to the boot partition will automatically load/configure net-usb kernel modules.
- Adding wpa_supplicant.conf to the boot partition will automatically enable Wifi—see Setup Wifi without ethernet.
New images or insitu update are available. The released versions can be downloaded from here.
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
The Software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of condition, uninterrupted use, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.