Go to the piCorePlayer Downloads web page—go to Downloads.
Click on the “piCorePlayer X.X.X - Standard Version” link to begin download.
Wait for the download to begin—depends on browser.
Click on the [Save] or [Save as] button if prompted—depends on browser.
Wait for the download to complete—about 20 or 30 seconds depending on your internet speed.
Go to your local download directory.
Unzip the piCorePlayer image.
- The latest version of piCorePlayer is at the top of the Downloads page.
- The Experimental RealTime Kernel version is not recommended for general use.
- The download process can vary depending on operating system and web browser used.
- The downloaded zip file contains 2 files:
- piCorePlayerx.x.x.img—this is the piCoreplayer image.
- piCorePlayerx.x.x.img.md5.txt—this is the image’s md5 checksum file.
- Some OS hide the .img and .txt file extensions.
- Some SD card creators can work directly with compressed files but the additional md5 checksum file may cause issues.