Go to the piCorePlayer Downloads web page—go to Downloads.
Click on the “piCorePlayer X.X.X - Standard Version” link to begin download.
Wait for the download to begin—depends on browser.
Click on the [Save] or [Save as] button if prompted—depends on browser.
Wait for the download to complete—about 20 or 30 seconds depending on your internet speed.
Go to your local download directory.
Unzip the piCorePlayer image.
More information #
- The latest version of piCorePlayer is at the top of the Downloads page.
- The Experimental RealTime Kernel version is not recommended for general use.
- The download process can vary depending on operating system and web browser used.
- The downloaded zip file contains 2 files:
- piCorePlayerx.x.x.img—this is the piCoreplayer image.
- piCorePlayerx.x.x.img.md5.txt—this is the image’s md5 checksum file.
- Some OS hide the .img and .txt file extensions.
- Some SD card creators can work directly with compressed files but the additional md5 checksum file may cause issues.