The pCP Team has released a minor update, but has some key new things that some have really been waiting.
- Kernel 4.9.35, Firmware 2017/06/30.
- Supports new Allo DigiOne, MiniBoss, and updated PianoPlus driver to support Dual Mono/Dual Stereo.
- Added Piano Plus alsamixer controls to Audio card Control Page.
- Multiple USB and Network Mounts.
- Wifi should now work in the Audio Optimized Kernel.
- If you have a RPi3, you can now run pCP from a USB memory card. - You may need to configure your RPi3 to support this—see Boot from USB. You will have to increase the waitusb= value in cmdline.txt.
- Squeezelite packages in image updated to latest.
- Touchscreen kernel module package, now include fbtft and other kernel modules for other screens.
- Fixed AudioCore Touchscreen kernel packages for missing backlight dependency…(separate Backlight-xxxxx.tcz is no longer required).
The multiple drive mounts was a significant code change. Hopefully I’ve handled all the possible cases.
The released versions can be downloaded here.
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
Older versions of piCorePlayer may not be compatible with the newer versions of the Raspberry Pi. You need to review the Release notes to determine when the support for your particular Raspberry Pi was added. It is safer to use the latest version of piCorePlayer as it will be compatible with the latest version of the Raspberry Pi.