The pCP Team has released an new version of piCorePlayer.
- Launching new web site—see www.picoreplayer.org.
- Kernel 4.14.56
- AudioCore kernel 4.14.56-rt34. All RPi processors supporting Realtime Kernels.
- RPi Firmware 2018/07/17
- Completely rebuilt Wifi. Web interface with hidden Wifi, special characters.
- Added driver for rtl8188eu chipset.
- Static IP support for Ethernet or Wifi.
- Update to Squeezelite v1.9.0-1111
- Updated Bluez to 5.50
- Updated LMS binaries (flac and sox are now significantly faster, upgrade perl cyrpto libraries).
- Allo Katana.
- Google voiceHat.
- pCP default kernel now supports 384kHz on a good number of DACs.
New images or insitu update are available. The released versions can be downloaded from here.
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
Older versions of piCorePlayer may not be compatible with the newer versions of the Raspberry Pi. You need to review the Release notes to determine when the support for your particular Raspberry Pi was added. It is safer to use the latest version of piCorePlayer as it will be compatible with the latest version of the Raspberry Pi.