pCP Team 5 June 2022 pCP 8.2.0
The pCP Team has released an new version of piCorePlayer.
For support—see this topic on Squeezebox Forum.
- Kernel 5.15.35
- Removed out of tree Realtek wifi drivers from Kernel. If you see a warning on the insitu update, you should not proceed until you build your driver—see pCP Kernels.
- RPi Firmware Apr 26, 2022 (Does not affect RPi4 bootloader)
- Squeezelite 1.9.9-1392
- Image includes Mediatek wifi firmware.
- Various bug fixes and web interface updates.
- For Bluetooth users, after installing, please update the Bluetooth extensions.
- Adding a file named
netusbto the boot partition will automatically load/configure net-usb kernel modules.
wpa_supplicant.confto the boot partition will automatically enable Wifi—see Setup Wifi without ethernet.
- See https://github.com/morrownr/USB-WiFi for some information about wifi drivers with linux in-kernel drivers.
New images or insitu update are available. The released versions can be downloaded from here.
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
Older versions of piCorePlayer may not be compatible with the newer versions of the Raspberry Pi. You need to review the Release notes to determine when the support for your particular Raspberry Pi was added. It is safer to use the latest version of piCorePlayer as it will be compatible with the latest version of the Raspberry Pi.
The Software and Information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of condition, uninterrupted use, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.