The pCP Team has released an update for piCorePlayer.
- RPi3B+ Support.
- Kernel 4.14.26
- RPi Firmware 14 Mar, 2018.
- Moves to a 9.x piCore Base.
- Moved from BusyBox modutils to kmod based modutils (For better module dependency and configuration).
- Updated to Squeezelite 1.8.7-1052, includes native DSD support.
- Cirrus Logic (Wolfson) Card support.
- HiFiBerryAmp2 Support.
- Bluetooth Speaker Support.
- Wireless AP Support (Tested with internal RPi Wifi).
- Shairport-Sync 3.1.7, with added separate output settings.
- Audio Kernel (armv7 only) is now a RT kernel /w Full Preemption.
- Kernel’s in the 4.14.y and newer have increased the default required version of SMB and NFS mounts. 3.0 is now required by default, if your NAS does not support this, you will need to explicitly set vers=2.0 (or maybe even vers=1.0) on the mount options. See the information on network mount section of the LMS page.
New images or insitu update are available. The released versions can be downloaded from here.
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
Older versions of piCorePlayer may not be compatible with the newer versions of the Raspberry Pi. You need to review the Release notes to determine when the support for your particular Raspberry Pi was added. It is safer to use the latest version of piCorePlayer as it will be compatible with the latest version of the Raspberry Pi.