Hi guys, we are sorry for the late announcement - but pCP 3.20 has been released.
Kernel/Firmware changes #
- 4.9.21 kernel.
- RPi firmware - 2017/03/31.
- config.txt changes to increase usable memory on RPi2/3 by 16M.
- config.txt changes to decrease videocore memory usage.
- RPi Zero-W Support.
- Allo Boss and Piano-Plus Support.
- Changed 8192cu driver (same version that OSMC uses).
- 8812au driver included.
Other pCP changes #
- Squeezelite updated to v1.86-945.
- ffmpeg updated to 3.17.
- wiringpi shared libraries included by default. (Used to be static linked to squeezelite).
- flac updated to 1.3.2.
- utf8 support for fat32 partitions.
- New card configuration system, will help with speed on squeezelite page. Also allows us to add more specific card information.
- Set –nomysqueezebox option from web interface.
- Default LMS install is 7.9.0 released version.
- Great updates to pCP jivelite pacakge. Made possible by mherger.
- pCP Help web site—see https://www.picoreplayer.org.
- This is still a work in progress, where we can easily create web pages with HOWTO’s and other information. If you have something you would like included, creates a simple web page and let us know.
- And last but not least, corrections to the insitu update process.
- Reloading the reboot page should no longer reboot your pCP device again.
- You can now do an insitu update and change from pcpCore to pcpAudioCore, and vise versa.
For the adventuresome 3.11 users reading this, if you do a hotfix (Near the bottom of the Main Page in Beta Mode), this will install a small fix that, that will allow you to do an insitu update to 3.20. By my tests, if you are using a 3.11 image, when you install 3.20, you should have about 180k of disk space left on the boot partition. 99% Full. In my mind this is a bit risky, but I suppose if your card is not easily pulled, give this a try. Worse case you have to pull your card and reflash.
The released versions can be downloaded here.
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen