Step 1 - Insert SD card
- Insert SD card into PC.
Step 2 - Ignore all warnings
Depending on software loaded on your PC, you may be get a series of messages when you plug in your SD card.
- Ignore Autoplay requests.
- Ignore formatting requests.
- Ignore anti-virus warnings.
- Ignore backups requests.
- Click [Cancel] if prompted to format disk.
Step 3 - Note the new drive letter
- Note the new drive letter that has been created (ie. D:).
Step 4 - Start USBImager
- Click [USBImager] button, icon or menu item.
Step 5 - Select pCP Image
- Select pCP Image File (ie. piCorePlayer6.1.0.img).
Step 6 - Set Device
- Carefully set Device to your SD card.
- For example: D: [8.4 GiB] VID:03 SL08G (PCP_BOOT).
- Note: the PCP_BOOT partition label if the SD card is being reused. A new SD card will have a blank label.
Ensure you have your SD card selected. You can accidentally overwrite your USB drive!
Step 7 - Write data on “Image file” to “Device”
Ensure Target Device is correct.
Ensure Target Device label is correct.
- Write data on “Image file” to “Device”.
- Click [Write].
Step 8 - Writing in progress
- Writing in progress.
Step 9 - Writing
- Writing should take from 4 to 24 seconds.
- Exact time will depend on SD card specification.
Step 10 - Exit
- Click [X] to exit program.
Step 11 - Remove SD card
- Click [Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media].
- Click [Eject SD Card].