Using Win32 Disk Imager
- Insert SD card into PC.
- Click [Cancel] if prompted to format disk.
Never format the SD card even if prompted.
Depending on software loaded on your PC, you may be get a series of messages when you plug your SD card in.
- Ignore formatting requests.
- Ignore anti-virus warnings.
- Ignore requests to do backups.
- Note the new drive letter that has been created (ie. F:).
- Click [Win32 Disk Imager].
- Select Image File (ie. piCorePlayer3.11.img).
- (Optional) Click [MD5 Hash].
- Compare MD5 checksum with contents of piCoreImagex.xx.img.md5.txt
- Set Device to your SD card (ie. F:).
Ensure you have your SD card selected. You can accidently overwrite USB drive!
- Click [Write].
- Write data on “Image file” to “Device”.
- Read Confirm overwrite message.
Ensure Target Device is correct.
Ensure Target Device label is correct.
- Click [Yes].
- Writing should take about 10 seconds.
- Exact time will depend on SD card quality.
- Click [OK].
- Click [Exit].
- Click [Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media].
- Click [Eject Device] pCP (F:).